Wednesday 28 November 2007

Busy, busy

I've had some more feedback from my parent's observations. (Still confused about the apostrophe! My english teachers didn't do a very good job, obviously.) There were comments about my voice being too quiet and discipline and one parent "suggested" that I should clip my fringe back because it looks scruffy! The first 2 were fair enough, I would agree when they said that discipline isn't my strong point, but that last one is just personal. Hmph.


Patrick came and watched me do a lesson last Monday and he didn't really give me feedback but I don't think he disliked it. I had to teach the children about Aunties, Uncles and Cousins. That's not easy when the kids don't really understand words like "your", "have", "the","is", "a"- the filler words. I tried to describe them as simply as possible and then got the teacher to translate to chinese. There's no way they would have understood without the teacher to do that. I also did "U" words that week which was fun- uncle, umbrella, up and under. For "up" I got them to jump and shout "up!", and for "under" I crawled under my chair, and then got the kids to do the same. They found it really funny! I'm running out of songs to do with them, I kee doing the same ones over and over and it's getting boring. Any ideas? I need more ideas for nursery kids too. They are really adorable but it is so hard to keep their attention.


On Sunday Jo and me went to Disney. Everyone kept telling us how rubbish it was so we weren't expecting much but considering it was so small, and there weren't many rides we still had a really good time! We saw the Lion King Show which was brilliant- even Jo liked it and she's seen the proper stage version. We also saw a 3D film called Mickey's Philaharmagic Orchestra. We queued up to get our picture taken with Mickey, Minnie and Winnie the Pooh. Oh and of course we watched the "Let It Snow" Christmas Parade which was really fun. I'll put films up later. We had a really good view, right at the side of the road they go down. After the parade we stayed for the switching on of the castle lights. Had to wait for about 45 mins but it went quite quick. We were practicing our cantonese numbers and this young couple were helping us, they taught us how to say happy christmas and happy birthday- "Sin dan fai lop" and "san yat fai lop". The light show was really good too- it's done to music and there's fireworks and lasers. I'll finish uploading the pictures tonight. I took over 200!


Last night we went out for a meal with Mandy and Bessa, Jo's colleagues. We ate at Chilli 'n' Spice at the Gold Coast shopping centre. The food was very tasty and not really expensive at all. I have pictures of that too I'll upload. It was really nice getting to meet some of the people Jo works with, and Bessa has invited us to go round for a roast dinner one day.


On Friday we might be going to a house party of one of the girls from 180. All depends on how we feel on the day. I'm so tired atm, just gotten back from town. I had to buy a coat because it's so cold today! I'm sitting here with the heater on full...BBrrrrr

No comments: