Tuesday 6 November 2007

Food, School and Shopping

I did my first full Friday and my gosh it was booorriing. Even after being given 2 lessons to do. Luckily I had a nice meal with Joel to look forward to! He took me to New York's for dinner and we had the best steak ever there. And cheesy potato skins. And chocolate brownie for pudding. Mmmmmm. I love going to New York's cause the owner Randy is pretty cool. He knows Angus from when he was there as a gap student and so now he knows all of us through him. He'll have a laugh with us and do us any drink we want.

Saturday me and Joel went shopping in Mong Kok. I told you basically what happened the other day- we browsed the markets and then went to a few shopping centers. I bought Jo's birthday present, and a few Christmas gifts for people. We went to the cinema to see Shoot 'Em Up when we'd done shopping. It was seriously a bad, bad film. So full of cliches I was left wondering if they'd done it to take the mickey? I don't know... but I'm not really into films where they randomly shoot everyone for no reason so I didn't stand much chance of liking it. Afterwards I left Joel on the train and met Jo in Central and went to 180.

Sunday was our lazy day. We dragged ourselves up to do a bit more shopping in Tuen Mun and then made our way to St John's Cathedral for the service and curry supper. We met Patrick, Matt and Eben there and had a nice chat. The dean (deacon? I don't know) came and chatted with us and was asking about the Vine. He annoyed Jo because he was basically saying "the cathedral is better than the Vine, the Vine isn't a proper church...blah blah." I just thought he was jealous that so many people go to- and enjoy- the Vine. He didn't really do himself or the cathderal any favours by talking like that. I've arranged to meet Patrick tomorrow so we can have a proper chat together. He's already met Jo and Joel, and Jules I think.

Last night Joel came round (after finally being woken up by Zoe) and we watched Evan Almighty. Such a funny film! He cooked me a stir-fry becayse his always taste better than mine, and we made a tiffin cake (?) together. It's got biscuit, marshmallow, and dried fruit in it. Should taste yummmmmmy :) We haven't got an oven so this is like the first cake I've made here. I really, really miss having an oven because it limits what you can cook so much :( I'll be an expert at one-pot dishes by next summer though!

This week at school I'm teaching about the family. It's a tough lesson, mainly because I haven't done any proper lessons in a while. I brought in a picture of my family to show them which they loved- "There's Miss Jenny!" Miss Chan thought Dad was my boyfriend though :/ !!! "He looks so young...your boyfriend or your Dad?" He's 50-something Miss Chan! The kids also all think Katy is my bigger sister. Hmph. So to make it easier for them she has been my big sis this week. I'm doing about grandparents next week which is going to be another tough lesson. It's all talking and not really anything fun for them. Also, I'll be being observed by loads of parents. Argh!

Oops, time to go! I'm going to beg for more help with nursery now- I'm still really stuck! Ideas? Please?!

No comments: