Wednesday 19 March 2008

Beijing!

This time tomorrow I'll be in Beijing! I'm all packed and ready to go! I still don't know who my "mortal" is but I've had a basic itinery- sightseeing and youth worship on Friday, carnival and another evening worship on Saturday, chuch Sunday. Monday and Tuesday we'll be working in the orphanage serving them in whatever way we can. Exciting! Oh, one day we'll be serving at a Jackie Pullinger event too.

Today at school was sooo laborious. Love that word hehe. I was sat there with nothing to do except sleep, and spend all day on Facebook, and to watch Sex and the City. It's great to know I was being paid to do that :p I left early so I could go into town and go shopping. I finally got round to getting my hair dyed too. I haven't had my highlights touched up since I got them done in Britain. It only cost $250..that's £15. I'm going to get it cut when I get back.
On the way back from town I was sat on the LRT with Jo and I saw this girl run to the back of the carriage (close to where we were). She had a facemask on so I didn't recognise who it was at first. Not long later a helper ran up to the child and gave her a big smack on her legs, and started giving her a telling off. I looked a bit closer and saw it was Cream! Cream who is my most mean and manipulative kid. The one who told the other English teachers that she was "done with you now" and she wasn't going to listen anymore. She still doesn't do what I say most the time but she's not as bad as she was. I'm glad it's not just me she's naughty for!
I'm going to do a bit of tidying now so it's all nice for when I come back!

No comments: