Saturday 1 March 2008

Sleepy Saturdays

We were meant to go to the China Embassy in Wan Chai to get our visas this morning but neither of us woke up until 10. Apparently it gets really busy so we're leaving it til next week instead.

I've had a really good week. Last Saturday we went to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch for Vinny's Birthday with my church plus group. There are now 3 little babies in the plus group so all the women clucked over them while the parents had some time off. They are so cute! The food is really good at HRC- I had a burger with bacon and cheese but only managed to get a third of the way through it because it was so big.


School went well- I've been teaching them aeroplanes, helicopters and hot air balloons and getting them to throw paper planes at targets as well as singing a lot of "row, row, row your boat" from last week when I taught them about boats. The kids love screaming after the "if you see a crocodile don't forget to scream"! I also did PE with the nursery kids for the first time (they've changed my timetable again). They are so adorable! But standing there watching them go round in circles on tricycles is just a bit boring.


I also went to the Jackie Pullinger sessions at church. They were so good! She wasn't as blunt as on Sunday in these. We got to hear some testimonies of people Jackie had worked with and helped come off drugs. Jackie also shared a lot more of her stories. She also talked about why there are people in poverty, why we should go and help the poor and how to minister to them. It was really inspiring and I'm not at all hesitant about the mission trip at Easter. I missed the last session on Saturday morning because I got back so late on Friday night and was really exhausted. I'll probably download it though once it's up on the Vine website.


I haven't done much this weekend apart from church and a little bit of shopping. I've paid for the Beijing mission trip in full now (came to $4300) so I'm definitely going! There's a team of 43 people. It's very exciting! And it's only 3 weeks away now.


I need some more jeans to wear but none of them over here seem to be of very good quality. My favourite Miss Selfridge pair are getting really thin and faded. I looked on the website to see if I could get another pair the same but they don't stock them anymore :( I live in jeans...Don't know what to do. Think I'll be browsing ebay until I see some decent ones.

No comments: