Monday 3 September 2007

The Others

Everyone is here in HK now! There is Joel, Julian and Zoe in one big flat in Yuen Long. Next door is Eben and Dan. Then in Tsam Tsui Po (maybe?) which is near Kowloon, is Matthew. They all seems very nice and easy to get along with. Except Joel. Can't stand him :p

We all met up in Kowloon Tong on Saturday and did touristy things like the Star Ferry and...I can't really remember what else we did except that we were all knackered by the end! Lots of shopping malls and coffee shops.

On Sunday we did church twice! Kara and Steve from an organisation called Crossroads met me and Jo in Tuen Mun and we got the bus together to St Andrew's in Kowloon. The service was very similar to St Andrew's at home, so I felt very comfortable. After the service I met Heather and Wing-On and they very kindly took us for Dim Sum with other people from the 11am service. In the afternoon we walked along Nathan Road, bought some postcards and eventually found an Irish pub to have a drink in. In the evening everyone bar Jo and Dan went to the service at St John's cathedral. It was very high Anglican like you'd expect, not my thing but Joel and Jules enjoyed it. The Bishop who led the service was crap- couldn't hear a thing he said. They put on a curry supper after the service and we were all made to feel very welcome. There were some interesting discussions around the table!

Today was my first official day at work. Well kinda. I met Ms. Man and Ms. Wendy the other NETs and they're both lovely! I'll be shadowing them for 2 weeks so I haven't got so much to do yet. Today all I did was greet the children and read through all the English resources. Tomorrow I get to meet the children...argh!

Sorry this post was brief- I think the posts will be now I'm working and feeling exhausted. Staying up all night on Friday was a baaad idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoyign reading the updates mate . Laura . xx

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Glad to hear you had a good time @ St Andrew's and with Heather & Wing-On. Hope you have a good week at school.
Your photos are great.
love Anne xx :o)