Wednesday 26 September 2007

Update

Wow this week is going so fast! On Friday me, Jo, Joel, Jules and Ben went for a curry and then decided to check out the Karaoke place. You get shown to a room to with a TV and microphones and then you're left to it. Was a right laugh! On Saturday we dragged ourselves off the sofa and went to the Gold Coast- the proper beach in Tuen Mun. It's only small but there is white sand and the sea is really clean. There's also a 5 star hotel and some nice restaurants. Me and Jo went to a small Italian one for dinner.


In the evening Jo went to 180 (young adults worship at the Vine) and I stayed home. Because it was the Mid-Autumn festival this week they put on some shows in the courtyard. I only saw a clown and then the raffle being drawn before heading back upstairs. On Sunday we had to go to St Peter's Church, the church we work for, for the morning service. It was nice except for the fact it was all in Cantonese and the speaker went on for aagges! We met the Revd. Kwok for the first time and he's going to phone us soon and let us know what we have to do there. In the evening me and Jo went to the Vine with Joel. Afterwards me and Joel grabbed some noodles in a small restaurant before heading home.

Monday was interesting. There was no typhoon so I still had to go in! It was really windy and rainy though. I had to do lessons on the Mid-Autumn Festival so I blagged my way through that. I don't really get the whole thing, I think it's something to do with harvest and the moon being really big in the sky?! I tried teaching the kids the "Pizza Hut" song because I'm so sick of "Heads and Shoulders"...I reckon they'll get it after a few more goes. I had Monday afternoon off school so I could head down to Yuen Long and sort out my HK ID card. I got lost trying to find the place and it decided to rain torrentially too so I was very late and very wet when I eventually got there. When I got back home we watched Memoirs of a Geisha- a brilliant film! We've got the book somewhere around so once I've finished my others I'll give it a go.

Yesterday was the official evening of the Mid-Autumn Festival so we had the day off school. We had a lazy day in and finished watching Heroes Series 1- just in time for the start of the 2nd series! In the evening we met Joel, Jules, Dan and Ben at Ferry Pier and watched everyone on the beach- it was absolutely packed!


The lights on the beach are hundreds of candles lit in the sand. It was an amazing sight! We stayed for a bit then took the guys back to ours to play poker and blackjack and had a few drinks.


So that was our week. Today is another lazy day but on Friday we're going to the Cinderella ballet and on Saturday we're going to do the Peak. Busy busy!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Great update, glad no typhoon. Beach-candle thing looked good.

Heroes season 2? We're only halfway through season 1 here on BBC, no spoilers please!!