Sunday 11 May 2008

Sa-sa-sa-salsa

I had sooo much fun again last night! When the lesson started it was literally me, another older woman, and the instructor. But as the lesson went on more people arrived. Jo and her boyfriend Eric, who I'd met last lesson, came with their friend who I think is called Edison or Anson or something. This week we learned the left turn and built the moves into a little routine which ended with the girls being dipped and our leg in the air (apparently we're meant to keep them on the ground but mine always ended being up haha). It's really exciting, and it really makes me happy, to master a new move. Like when we first started doing the left turn I just couldn't get it right but by the end of the night it felt so easy!
At the after party I danced with a few of the more experienced men. No russian guy this week haha! I learnt a few more moves and the Bachata dance. When I was dancing with the instructor we were just making up moves, it was so fun! Me and Eric were doing that too, and practicing the last little bit of the routine with the big finish a lot, oh doing lots of turns and spins!
Eric and Jo went to Sugar which is a salsa bar in Lan Kwai Fong during the week. They said that there's a lot more people and it's a bit more lively. It's only $120 (with 2 free drinks). So I might give that a try too. I want to be good enough by the time I leave for Australia that I can go to a salsa bar and just dance. It's going to take a lot of practice though.
I didn't stay too late that night because I was staying at Lauren and Marty's place in Sai Wan Ho. I'd mentioned to Lauren at Plus that I'd booked a hostel room so I didn't have to go home, and she phoned me later on and offered to let me stay at theirs! They're so sweet :) They let me have a key and they pulled out the sofa bed. I was so tired by the time I got back I just collapsed. All I could hear in my head though was "1,2,3...5,6,7 and 1,2,3...5,6,7 and..." grrr!!
I have tomorrow off because it is Buddha's Birthday...so err...happy birthday Buddha. Me and Jo are planning to go down to the beach if the weather is nice enough. It's started getting very hot lately- on Friday it was 31 degrees and the humidity was ridiculous. It was a bit cooler this weekend though. We're going to go to a restaurant at the beach too make an afternoon of it.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Not read for a while, catching up - thanks for great updates, you're having fun and busy as usual!

Susan wants me to take her dancing...Hmmm not sure, i've 2 left feet! when do we get video clips of your salsa moves then? :P

Seeing Iron man on Sunday, can't wait, not been cinema for ages!

Tim x