Monday 20 August 2007

5 Days To Go!

How excited am I!! Visa. Check! Ticket. Check! Hong Kong Dollars. Check! Suitcase packed. Err...nearly!

On Saturday Mitch, Jennie, Matt, Jake, Joe, Sam, Vicky and Steve came for a meal. I had some fantastic gifts- a digital camera with webcam, a beautiful necklace, a photo album, and passport cover and luggage tag. A BIG thank you to Mitch and Jennie! My Mom and Dad put looooaads of food on, and decorated the dining room with pictures of me as a kid...soo embarrassing. We played Chain Reaction- my fave game. Boys vs Girls and us girls should have won! The Moon is not a source of light Matthew! Although Jake's answer to "Things you can clench between your buttocks" was worth us losing I think! I had such a great time, I'm so glad they all came up to see us.

The Thursday before was results day. And another chance to go out and have a good time! Didn't do so well in Physics, but I've been accepted onto the foundation course so it's all OK. I got a B in RE too and a C in General Studies and AS Maths. Well done to Alex who's off to Cambridge this summer, and Adam P who got 4 A's and is off to Aberystwyth! In the evening we all went out round the bars in Cannock to celebrate (and commiserate) and I don't know about anyone else, but I had a fantastic time!

This week is going to go so fast. I'm pretty sure I'm all ready to go. I have packed so much stuff I can hardly lift my case! There can't be anything I've forgotten- and if there is you can guarantee I won't remember it until Friday lunchtime as we're driving down to the airport!

I hope the others who are flying out this week- Zoe, Joel and Jules- have a safe journey! Can't wait to meet you in Hong Kong!!

No comments: