Saturday 25 August 2007

I'm Here!

I've arrived! At last! The flight nearly killed me and Jo- the seats were so uncomfy so we couldn't get in a good position to sleep, and the films were rubbish. My screen wasn't even working properly. I spent most of the flight watching where we were on the map. The battery on my mp3 ran out too after an hour because for some reason it had turned itself on in my bag. I think I managed to sleep for about 2 hours in total.

Once we got off the plane and got through security everything went much quicker! We were met by Cat and Pet, and driven to our gorgeous little apartment in Tuen Mun. Me and Jo were both expecting a grimy, dank room but it is very spacious (although small) and bright. We have in the living room a TV, an internet modem, a dining table and 4 chairs, and a 3-seat leather sofa. I'll upload pics eventually. The kitchen is tiny, and so is the bathroom but i think we can cope. NO SPIDERS! Although Bo Bo said she has a big spider living under her bed...Anyway, we were met at the apartment by the Principals of the schools me and Jo are working in. We found out we're working in 2 different schools quite a distance from each other- eek! I'm working with Cat and Jo is working with Bo Bo. We were taken to dinner at a local seafood restaurant. Attached to the apartment is a mall with 2 restaurants, 2 small supermarkets and various other small shops. Neither of the restaurants have menues in english! The Principal ordered lots of really nice food- chicken, beef, crab, oyster (eurgh), meatballs (yum) and soups. After we stuffed ourselves silly we went to the supermarket and stocked up on essentials (like chocolate!!). Finally the teachers all came back to our apartment and wrote down the address of our apartment and schools in both english and cantonese.


Sorry if everything seems packed in! I'm not a great writer at the best of times hehe. More pics to come but for now here's a pic of me and Jo on the sofa:




No comments: