Monday 10 December 2007

Time for an update

It's been a little quiet the past couple of weeks. Well, I think it has since I can't remember doing much apart from school, church and going out. Today I've been sent home from school because I have a cold so I have had about 6 hours sleep but could sleep for another 6 probably. I had to go to the doctors, which was mission- the Butterfly Estate where the surgery is is HUGE. I kept having to ask people which building it was. And, for the first time, found everyone really unhelpful and sometimes plain rude. I'd ask "Can you help me?" and people would just carry on walking. Even though I had the address in chinese! I would have asked a youngish person but since it was school time there were none. I eventually found it by asking the Philippino helpers and following vague chinese directions. I've been given about 3 different pills to take, and some ointment because I have an infected toenail. The Dr told me that if the infection keeps reocurring I'll need an operation :( .

Last week I saw Joel for the first time since he got back to Hong Kong. He had his university interview while he was back and he's now found out that he's got in to Christchurch to do primary education (or something like that). Go Joel! I cooked him dinner on Friday night which was fun. Normally I'll get him to do a stirfry or we'll grab a mcdonalds or pizza. I think he enjoyed it...but he could just have felt bad because it was so awful haha. I enjoyed it anyhow.

This weekend we stayed in a hostel again. It is so much easier having somewhere to dump our bags and not have to worry about the bus journey back. We checked in after our bible study session, had a nap and then Jo went to the Vine CD recording and I went for a meal with Ms Man, Ms Wendy and Ms Pat. We ate at Tutto Bennet, a small chinese restaurant in Kowloon.The food was OK, pretty expensive compared to where I'd normally eat. I could only eat a few bites of my cannelloni though because everytime I brought food to my mouth it made me feel really sick. I enjoyed some of the desert platter though- creme brulee and tiramisu, and plenty of icecream! After that we went and had coffee in Starbucks. While we were there Ms Wendy's daughter kept phoning to check up on her. Every 15 minutes she's be ringing, and in the end Ms Wendy was like "What do you want! Go to bed!" So, so funny!

After the meal I went and met Eric and about 20 of his friends from America. Was so cool! We all headed to the bars at Lan Kwai Fong. We spent most the evening in Fong Underground, but we managed to get into the Ice Bar too. I thought from what other people have said, that the Ice bar would have all been really cold, not just one tiny little box room. Was very disappointed! We went back to Fong and danced the night away until about 4.30 when the DJ went home. We had breakfast at the Flying Pan- a small cafe that does really cheap fried breakfasts. I had my first full english and it was soooo good! Bacon I LOVE bacon! And fried egg mmmmm...No fried bread though, but we got mushrooms and baked beans and tomatoes. It only came to $85 (that's about £5.30), so not bad! After breakfast we headed to Mcdonalds until the MTR opened. I had such a fun night! The people we were with were on this university trip where they spend about a month in all these countries doing different classes in each. They'd been to Switzerland, Greece, India, Thailand, HK, and they were heading to China and South Korea next. I wish our uni's would do something like that, it sounds amazing!

Yesterday, after catching up on some sleep, we went to Chungking Mansion and bought a saree ready for the Bollywood party next week. Mine is a rich red and gold and Jo's is a really pretty blue with mirrors and a peacock theme to it. We're so excited about the party now! There's going to be a live band and good food, and pretty much most of 180 will be there!

Oh yeah, just to remind Dad mostly (ha ha), it's my birthday on Friday! Woop! I'll be 19! I can't afford to celebrate how I want to but I'll be going for a meal somewhere with some of the gappers. I hope I feel better by then, I hate being ill on my birthday. So "san yat fai lop" to me!

No comments: