Sunday 27 January 2008

7 Days till Arrival

Wow, only 7 days now until my family arrive here in Hong Kong. That means I'm halfway through my stay in Hong Kong. It's going far too quickly! Anyway, I've been busy planning what I'm going to do with them, finding out about good Chinese restaurants, about the displays and traditions. At Chinese New Year parents give their children "lai see" (red packets) with money in, and also married people to their single friends and bosses to their employees. So I think I need to befriend some married people this week hehe.

On Friday I went to a nice restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui called Paparazzi with Ms Man, Ms Wendy and Ms Pat to celebrate Chinese New Year. I had the most delicious meal ever- veal rolls with zuchinni, sage leaves and mozarella in the middle served with mediterranean vegetables. Mmmmmm! And for desert I had profiteroles with icecream and chocolate sauce, equally as delectable. And when we were settling the bill, I gave approximately what I thought I owed, but Ms Man gave me my money back...I thought it was really nice of them to pay for me like that. Especially since I'm down to my last $500 again. After the meal we did a bit of window shopping...

And that's basically the highlight of my weekend. The hike in Shek O was cancelled because it rained all day Friday and it would have been to dangerous to walk. They had a meal there still, but since it would have taken us 2 hours there and back we decided not to go. Instead we hired the last season of Sex and City and bought lots of chocolate. We have literally spent 2 days sat on the sofa. I did make up for it during the week though- I went to TST 3 times! Once to do the homework club, another time to buy parade tickets and then have dinner with Sam, and again on Friday.

Jo Dau for now!

No comments: