Sunday 20 January 2008

The B Word

This week has been so boring. We're finding that we've got nothing to do in the evenings except sit on the sofa with our laptops...Well we could do stuff but stuff costs money. And we need to save as much money as we can for both Chinese New Year and Easter. Especially now we're thinking of going to Japan at Easter. To see Tokyo would be so cool! Expensive, but cool. So we're on a money saving drive.
I've volunteered to do help at a homework club for asylum seeker's kids on Tuesdays. I went last time and it was really fun. I was helping this cheeky 7 "and a half" year old girl who read her workbook to me, then wanted to play hide and seek, and then wanted to play with my phone, and then wanted me to test her spelling... she needed a lot of occupying. I was also helping this other girl with her english and science homework. It's so hard trying to explain things like dissolving in a really basic way. Obviously I can tell you that it's about the particles, but she was only 10 years old. So I told her that some things dissappear in water because they're small...hopefully the teachers will teach it at school haha. I want to do this every Tuesday but it means leaving school an hour early, and Revd Kwok needs to approve it first. The Principal wasn't keen on me doing it for some reason. She kept telling me I'd get in trouble with immigration. That's rubbish by the way, there's nothing in our visas that stops us from working anywhere else, and it's not even work since I'm not getting paid. *rolls eyes*. It's stupid how they pay us so little, apologize for it, but then won't let us do tutoring work i the evenings.
On Friday we went with Sam to Festival Walk shopping mall to see 27 Dresses. I don't know if it's out in the UK? It's got Katherine Heigl in it, from Grey's Anatomy and Knocked Up, and James Marsden. It is sooo funny! Much better than Knocked Up. I thought about going to the cinema again today, to see Cloverfield, but it's not on an Tuen Mun. And I'm not going all the way down to Kowloon today. So, it's going to be another Sunday spent on the sofa.

No comments: