Monday 7 January 2008

Day 5 and 6

Christmas Day! Woohoo! We had another lie-in after staying up quite late with the other guests at the Christmas party, and opened our presents before we got up. As soon as we saw it was sunny we slopped suncream on, grabbed our books and rushed downstairs to sit by the pool and catch some rays. Even though we were only out there for about 30 mins before it rained I still managed to burn. I am still peeling from it, but I now have a nice tan too. For lunch we had a nice pizza and mango shakes. I love the shakes soo much, they're so yummy!

I think after lunch we either went back out to sit by the pool or we went back to bed for a nap. I really don't remember. But I know that at about 3pm we went for some spa treatments using the vouchers Jo and Greg had won. Because Greg had already had a facial and massage he let me have his voucher, which was really great of him. We decided to have a facial, foot scrub and massage. It lasted over 3 hours and it was wonderful...The facial especially was very relaxing. I didn't enjoy the foot scrub so much. They filed away all the hard skin, and it was really uncomfortable when they were doing the tickly spots. I can't explain it, but I endured it rather than enjoyed it. The massage was good too, except I got really bad back ache from lying on my front for so long. We went back smelling very fragrant and feeling very relaxed.


In the evening we watched a ton of movies. It took us 2 and a half hours to get through the whole of Elf on Cartoon Network because there were adverts EVERY 5 MINUTES. Seriously. It was so frustrating! And they kept missing bits out. We managed to watch 2 films at the same time because of those damn adverts. I did really enjoy what I saw of both the films though.

Day 6 was our last day. We changed our flights so we left 2 days early because...well...there wasn't anything we could afford to do except sit by the pool or beach. I would have loved to have completed the scuba diving course but that was over £100 I think. I couldn't afford it anyhow. So we spent the morning sunbathing since it was gloriously sunny and left around 3:30pm. Our flight wasn't until 9:30pm but the airline told us we had to pay the changing fee four hours before the flight. But when I got there I was told I could pay at check-in so we turned up hours early for nothing. Argh! Our flight was delayed again, but we were back in Hong Kong in no time. From the minute we arrived to when we got back to our flat was under an hour. So quick! I was so glad we didn't have to queue at immigration- we just swiped our ID cards and had our thumbprints checked. If this is what they plan to do in Britain with our ID cards then I say go for it! It was SO easy.

On the 7th day we rested.

No comments: