Friday 26 October 2007

A Bad Day

I'm really not having a very good day. Well, school was fine apart from I learned I will be having to stay until 4:30pm on Fridays. I have a problem with this because I will not be doing anything in that extra 4 hours I have to stay at school. Except sleeping and surfing the net and reading. I know this because I already have a completely free Tuesday afternoon, and that it what I spend my time doing then. If I have work to do, such as lesson plans or assessments, I have plenty of time on Tuesdays and during the morning too. They're saying I have to stay on Friday's because I don't do anything for the church at the weekends- but if I was then I would only be doing 2 hours extra work. As it is I am doing one extra hour working at the high school- but they want me to do another 4 hours on top of that. So I'm being told (by others) that if they want me to stay on Fridays then I should do that instead of the high school thing, but that it would be more beneficial for both the church and me to do the one hour at the high school. When I signed up to do the programme I wanted to be doing something, getting some experience, not just sitting around. Anyway Patrick is arriving tomorrow so it won't be too long before I see him. If things don't get sorted out I'll mention it to him.

So after being allowed to go early-for this week only- I go into town and head down to the bank again to see why I still haven't had my $2500. They owe me $2500 because when I tried to use the ATM machine downstairs it didn't give me any money- but still charged my account. This was 2 months ago. I speak to this young guy who tells me that there is noone to talk to me because it is lunchtime, but if I give him my number he'll call me. I go and do a bit of shopping. 2 hours later there is still no call. So I go back and tell him I would like to see someone now because I am very busy and I need to go soon. He goes into the back for aaggees and eventually comes out and tells me that because it is an international card it is taking a long time to trace the transaction. I tell him I understand this, but it has been 2 months and $2500 is half my months wage! He apologises like 5 times and promises someone will call today. So obviously I leave not very happy. They told me last time they would phone within a week...but no call.
Grrrr!

Ok...I'm fine now...I literally have just had a phonecall from the bank and they have promised me that the money will be deposited in my account by Monday! So with any luck I will be getting it now. I'll give them until Wednesday and if it's not there I'll be going straight back.

Tonight we're going for a curry. So far it will be me, Jo, Joel and Dan. Jules if he can be bothered. I haven't heard from Eben or Ben but I'm guessing Ben is off with someone else...He's like that. Matt is having a meal with friends from church and Zoe will come if she's finished all her school work. It's been ages since everyone has been together! It's alright for the Yuen Long lot because they're literally living round the corner from each other, but for me and Jo it can be a bit of a trek to see the others. Hopefully we can get most of us together tonight.

Ooo I've learnt a new phrase- "Gok wei lo see jo san." We have to say it every morning. Jo san means good morning so I'm guessing it's something like "Good morning everybody"? Who knows! I should find out hehe.

No comments: