Monday 8 October 2007

Good Morning

I downloaded Kanye West's latest album the other day and it is awesome. One of the best albums I've listened to lately. It's been on non-stop since I got it and Joel is probably sick of me telling him how good it is :p Go and get it! Unless you're over 35...because then you'll just look tragic.

I've just got back from having quite a nice lunch in the school kitchen- today we got chicken and onion in a nice white wine sauce, fish with spring onion and ginger with tofu, bok choi and some weird veg and mushroom thing. I've been doing about the body in class today so I'm a bit achey- lots of "Heads and shoulders", "Hokey Cokey" and "Teacher Says..." Oh and now they keep asking for "Pizza Hut!" I've got my afternoon class in a while and I don't know how well the activities will go down with them. I don't dread having them anymore though.

I'm getting into a routine now- which is why I'm only updating once a week. Honestly you wouldn't be reading if I wrote everyday. Weekdays involve getting up at 6:45am, showering, eating and getting onto the LRT for 8:00am. I get back home about 4:45 and I'll pop into ParknShop, the local supermarket. Then one of us will start tea and then we'll put on a DVD and surf the web. It's only Fridays and Saturdays we actually do anything of interest.

Well every other Thursdays we'll now be going to a church plus(cell) group. It's in Central in a really amazing apartment and a bit of a trek on a school night, but the people there are lovely. I spoke to one of the Pastors yesterday though about setting up a plus group in the new territories and he did say it was going to happen soon. Yay!

Last Friday we met with Revd. Kwok and we had a nice chat. He asked us what we want to do for the church. At our plus group meeting we asked them to pray for us and what we were to do for the Revd. so it looks like it worked! We're thinking of going into the high school and doing a fellowship thing with a group of teenagers. I'm so excited about it! Although I have no idea what we're going to do...

Saturday we went out round the bars in Lan Kwai Fong. It's where all the ex-pats go and is meant to be really expensive, but I spent approx 25quid which isn't bad for a night out! Sunday we spent recovering and watching the first series of Nip/Tuck. I eventually dragged myself up for the 6pm service at The Vine. I'm glad I did because Dawn, the speaker, gave a really good talk. After the service I went to a cheap restaurant place and had Prawn Wonton Noodles which were yummmmmy and then did the 1-hour bus journey home. Whilst listening to Kanye. I would be listening to him now if I hadn't forgotten my mp3 player!

Anyway, I must go and prepare my lesson now...

No comments: