Friday 19 October 2007

Plus

I survived the rest of school yesterday, and Jules thought I did really well. Angus said he was surprised how well behaved the kids were and that he said that when he watched me teach without all the teachers around i looked really relaxed and in control. So all good :) Don't know what the rest of the teachers thought but it wasn't like they were watching a normal lesson.

It was the Plus group meeting last night and it was really good. We talked about how when you pray for someone it isn't their faith that matters, it's yours. They used the story from 2 Kings 4:8-37 and 8:1-7. We had prayer time at the end like normal and I prayed aloud! I'd never done it before like that. I wasn't very good and I forgot what to say but Jo said it was fine (I was praying for her little cousin).

Today we have a day off for Cheung Yung, yay! We've both had a lie-in although Jo has got up once but has a really bad headache and gone to lie down again. I'm up and dressed and I've been trying to make pancakes. I don't know if it's because I'm guessing how much pancake mix to milk and eggs I need, or what, but only 2 or my 5 pancakes worked. I'm not happy. And I've gone through 2 cartons of milk. Jo's come back in, she's not going out today so I guess it gives me some time to explore around here a bit. Considering we've been living here 8 weeks now we really haven't adventured much! And it's a really nice day so there's no excuse for sitting inside. Can't believe it's October and I'm still walking around outside with only a vest top on- no jacket or jumper or anything! Hope you're not too chilly back in Britain :p

1 comment:

Tim said...

It's VERY chilly here in Leicester - frosty and misty last few mornings, which actually i love!

Not read for a week or two, caught up now, i know how scary lesson observations are, but EIGHT people? That's not nice! Going to other schools to observe sounds great idea though.

Bye! x