Sunday 10 February 2008

Day 7

Sunday is meant to be a day of rest, but not for us lot here in Hong Kong. The day started with me getting up early to go down to Central for Church. I was a bit nervous about taking my parents and sister because obviously I wanted them to like it and agree with what they're teaching me. I needn't have worried because my parents both seemed to find it ok. Katy didn't like it much I don't think but I can understand her not liking a really cheesy American DVD. I didn't like that service much either.


Afterwards we went with our Plus group and Jo's family for dim sum! I don't think my parents had had a proper chinese meal before then so I was really glad the Plus group decided to go. We got to try a lot of the traditional dim sum dishes. Here's just a few of them:

We had shrimp balls, rice rolls, Custard buns, BBQ pork buns, prawn and pork balls, beef balls, spring rolls, rice cake, BBQ pork pastries, dumplings...all sorts of things. Yum yum yum. Mine and Jo's families sat together on a table with Marty, his wife plus new baby (she's so cute) and Liza and her two kids. The others had to go on another table somewhere. We had lots of fun chatting and eating.

In the afternoon I thought I'd take my parents to my flat again and give them some stuff I want taking home but when we got all the way up there I realised I'd left my keys on the ironing board and we couldn't get in. Nooo! It's so annoying when I do that! There's no spare keys anywhere either. And Jo wasn't going to be in until the evening. So instead we went back down to the hotel and spent the evening watching TV.

No comments: